The doctors at East Bay Pediatrics would like to share what we agree is really the best video on COVID-19 that is out there (click on the image or link above). It is very long, about an hour, but well worth your time. Dr. David Price of Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City is an ICU doctor who has treated many patients with COVID-19. He has a few rules to follow:
- Wash your hands - know where your hands are, clean before and after touching things
- Don't touch your face - you can only get the virus if you touch something with it then touch your eyes, mouth, nose
- Wear a mask to remind you not to touch your face - you do not need a special N95 mask
- Distance yourself from others - keep a 3-6 feet distance from each other at work and in public. Keep your closer contacts within your family.
- If you are sick, isolate yourself, even from your family
- If you have shortness of breath, seek medical care - going to the hospital is not a death sentence, children are at lower risk